Recreate the popular burrito bowl at home with bright and fresh ingredients that’ll leave you feeling healthy and satisfied. Swapping in quinoa for rice adds muscle-building protein, and making your own dressing with fresh herbs amps up the flavor and the antioxidants. Let everyone customize their own bowl for a meal everyone will love!
Total Time: 25 minutes (with cooked quinoa)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 avocado
- ¼ cup black beans
- ¼ cup corn kernels
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped cucumbers
- 2 scallions, green and white parts, chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
Green Goddess Dressing:
- 1 jar of Vegenaise or Greek yogurt (about 1 ½ cups total)
- 3 scallions, green and white parts
- 2 cloves raw garlic
- ½ cup fresh basil
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- 1 green jalapeno, deseeded if you want it less spicy
- 1 tablespoon honey (or agave or maple syrup to keep it vegan)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Zest and juice of 5 limes (add more or less to taste)
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- To make the dressing, puree all the ingredients together in a high-speed blender until smooth. Season to taste, and set aside.
- To assemble the salad, arrange all the ingredients in two large bowls, and drizzle with the dressing to serve. Enjoy!
Note: You can add some extra protein to this salad with grilled shrimp, fish, or chicken. Use any leftover dressing as a dip for veggies.
Read more to learn about helpful tips to follow when it comes to choosing the best healthy Mexican food.