These quick and easy vegan tacos are so satisfying and flavorful; they’ll be a hit with carnivores and vegans alike! Packed with fiber and vitamin rich vegetables and healthy fat from the avocado – this is a Mexican meal that’ll leave you feeling great.
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 ears corn, kernels cut off
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- 2 vegan chorizo sausages, crumbled
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Tortillas, avocado, salsa, fresh lime, and micro-greens, to serve
- In a skillet, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and heat over medium heat. Add the corn kernels and ½ the minced garlic, and sauté for 8-10 minutes, until just tender. Add the lime juice, and a pinch of salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a bowl, cover with foil, and set aside.
- Add the crumbled chorizo to the same skillet, and cook until crispy, 6-8 minutes. Remove to a bowl, cover with foil, and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the remaining tablespoon oil, and add the mushrooms and cumin. Add the red pepper flakes, and cook for 6-8 minutes, until tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, let everyone build their own tacos with the fillings and toppings. Enjoy!
See how you can indulge in healthy Mexican food with these simple tips to keep in mind.